I’m sure you’re sick of these surveys…but I am really excited that Kelli at Fitness and Fro Yo nominated me for this newbie blogger award! I’m not one to normally share much personal stuff about myself being a teacher and all but I enjoy any opportunity promote my and other up and coming blogs.
The Liebster Award is for any up and coming blogs that you enjoy reading and a great way to promote them!
- This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I didn’t originally go to college to be a teacher…I started out going for writing and changed over to add teaching to my English degree because I wasn’t sure what I would be doing with just a writing degree.
2. I am getting married in the same city I went to college; Oswego, NY. It’s beautiful up there in the summer.
Not so much in the winter.
That’s a terrible and old picture of the college parking lot after a blizzard in 2007.
3. On that note, I hate winter, but I will probably never leave NY. I am learning to live with it. My family is here, and I have a hard enough time being 4 hours away from them, let alone in another state. Therefore since I have chosen to live here, I have no business complaining about the weather. It does get tough. Especially this time of year when it is still.freaking.snowing.every.day.
4. I enjoy country-ish novelty apparel and anything to do with AMERICA! Not ashamed of it…
5. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s bone-chillingly good. And I it’s a toss up as to whether my next pet will be named Jem, Scout or Atticus.
6. I love camping! I hope to go for my bachelorette party!! We try to go at least twice a year.
Allegany State Park, NY
7. I used to be a cheerleader in high school.
8. I consider myself in good shape from working out ….but I am absolutely terrible at organized sports. We were in a kickball league this past fall and I was awful. Just no coordination.
9. I used to drive a pick up truck.
10. Last year I tried to be a vegetarian because I was scared and disgusted after accidentally eating raw chicken. Aaaaand it lasted a couple of days.
11. I don’t really watch TV. Besides Dexter and Shameless on showtime, I don’t have any regularly scheduled shows that I watch. The internet is my time waster.
You should get showtime and watch Shameless.
Eleven More Questions:
1. Dog or cat person?
2. What is your take on rest days for exercise?
3. What is your ‘diet’ or ‘food’ philosophy?
4. What sports do you hate watching/playing?
5. What food that you used to eat when you were a kid do you miss the most?
6. What would be your death row meal?
7. What creative fitness activities do you love?
8. Favorite veggie?
9. How many days a week do you do cardio vs strength?
10. Where is your favorite place to travel?
11. Favorite memory from high school/college?
Eleven Questions from Kelli:
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
Ummmm…think I already answered this one!
2. What is one food you will never eat?
I honestly like trying everything once! These days I have been staying away from anything processed and boxed. That’s not to say I will never eat it.
4. Why do you blog?
As mentioned, I originally started to get my degree in creative writing. I enjoy writing and the blog started as a way for me to rekindle that hobby. I’m pleased with what it’s turned out to be, and excited to see where it takes me. I love reading other blogs and connecting to other bloggers!
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memories include times visiting my grandparents in their hometown of Massena, NY. They have both passed away and I have been drafting a piece of writing about this special place it seems for ages. Still haven’t been able to find the right words. Stay tuned!
My Papa and I
6. What is your favorite strength exercise?
Hmmm…favorite/enjoyable doesn’t always go with effective. I like to blow off steam with med ball/sand bag slams!
7. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Drive across the country. I really don’t know if this will ever happen. But it’s cool to dream. California here I come!
Vacation in 2011…… wahhhhh
8. Name your absolute dream job, regardless of how unrealistic it may be.
I’m supposed to say teacher right here. Teaching would be my dream job if all it involved was doing creative, fun things with kids. There are way more added pressures that make it something that is more stressful than I anticipated. But every job is stressful. My absolute dream job would be to travel and eat food a la Anthony Bourdain. He travels ALL over the world to EAT. Like, seriously? I got in the wrong business.
9. What is one thing on your fitness bucket list?
Pull up!!!! Just one!!!
10. What movie can you watch over and over again?
I’m really not a movie person……anything with Leonardo DiCaprio does the trick. Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, etc.
11. Tell me an embarrassing high school memory.
This is a tough one….I try to block that stuff out of my memory. I can remember one time a friend and I were skipping school (yeah, I was bad), and we were running down the road near our school, which was where my high school boyfriend lives. She was wearing a skirt and high heels. It’s like nine in the morning…..all of a sudden my boyfriend’s mom pulls up. Needless to say it was hard to explain what we were doing running down the road at 9 am on a random weekday.
Well if you’ve read the whole thing, congrats, you know a little more about me. Here’s the blogs I am nominating. I don’t think I’ll make it to 11, but here are some of my favorites:
Life Love and Palm Trees
The Run Within <<Has more than 200 followers but a great read!
Better with Sprinkles
Reach Your Peak
This Life is Sparkling
Andrea Out Loud
Life of Di
Clean Eating Veggie Girl
That’s all I can really fine that don’t have 200 followers! For some it didn’t say, but I’ll put up the links anyway for your reading pleasure!! Thanks for reading!